The Cart Up-Sells extension is a powerful tool for driving incremental and impulse purchases by customers once they are in the shopping cart. It extends the concept of up-sales and cross-sells at the product level, and engages your customer at the moment they are most likely to increase their spending.
- Display title – Give the section a name.
- Maximum products to show – Tell the widget the maximum number of upsell products to show in the shopping cart.
- Default Add-Ons – These products are what are shown to customers in the shopping cart, if more detailed (Category or Product specific) recommendations are not defined. If you don’t want default products shown, you can leave this blank.
- Category Matches – Click “+ Add Category,” and select a category that you want to define upsells for. You can define as few or as many upsell products for each category. You can also utilize the priority to tell the extension how to prioritize what products are recommended when items in the shopper’s cart match multiple categories. Categories with higher priorities will have their recommendations shown first.
- Product Matches – Click “+ Add Product,” and select a product that you want to define upsells for. You can define as few or as many upsells for each product. You can also utilize the priority to tell the extension how to prioritize what products are recommended when shopper’s have multiple products in their shopping cart. Products with higher priorities will have their recommendations shown first.
What is recommended first – Product matches, Category matches, or Default?
The Cart Add-On plugin first looks for matches at the product level. If a product in the shopping cart matches a product defined in the admin, then those recommendations will be shown to the shopper. If no products match, then Cart Add-Ons will look for a match for a category, and display the recommendations for the category as defined in the admin if it finds a match. If no product or category matches exist, then Cart Add-Ons will display the default recommendations for your store. So, priority:
What products are shown when multiple products are in the shopping cart?
When multiple products are in the shopper’s cart, first Cart Add-Ons looks at priorities as defined above – Product, Category, then Default. If it finds that there are multiple product matches (or category matches), the products show (or the matches selected) will be prioritized based upon the priority order that is set in the admin for Product or Category Matches.